Looking for a healthy, one-dish meal that’s easy and takes little time to make? Okay, then try this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake for a simple weeknight meal. After supper my hubby told me I should make it again sometime soon and he got seconds (or was that thirds?)…so I’m definitely keeping this dish on my meal rotation.
I love serving up a big scoop of this casserole in a bowl and diving into it’s cheesy, creamy goodness. This is one of those recipes that you don’t have to worry about your picky eaters with either; everyone in the family is sure to love it!
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 4 C. cooked brown rice
- 3/4 C. frozen corn
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 C. fat-free sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 oz. can chopped green chillies
- 1/2 C. salsa
- 1 C. low-fat Cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend), plus more for topping
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to a 13×9 casserole dish and top with the additional cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with the cilantro before serving if desired.
Bon appetit! I hope you enjoy this family friendly, easy recipe. Have a wonderful weekend!
I found this recipe on Pinterest so here’s the link to the original recipe:
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
I am so glad that I found this easy, easy recipe because this is now one of my go-to recipes! Who doesn’t love a big ole’ bowl of Chicken ‘n Dumplings? Especially with this cooler fall weather…and it’ll be even more comforting when the temps drop this winter.
This Chicken ‘n Dumplings recipe is awesome because it’s made in the Crockpot! Oh how I love the Crockpot…just add a few ingredients in the morning and you’re done. Come dinner time you have a meal that tastes fabulous!
In this recipe you do have to do a small amount of work towards the end…such as shredding the chicken and cutting the biscuits into pieces and adding them to the soup. Then you have to let it cook for about another hour, but still this recipe is simple, easy and delicious so those extra steps are no trouble at all!
Ok, well I suppose I should quit yapping and give y’all the recipe already! Here’s a pic first just to get your mouth watering…maybe it’ll be inspiration for what to make this weekend? At any rate, have a great night and try this recipe soon!
Chicken ‘n Dumplings
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 4 Grands Flaky refrigerator biscuits
- Place chicken in Crockpot
- Add the butter, then the soup, chicken broth, onions and parsley
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours
- Once cooking time has finished, use a fork to break up the chicken (keep chicken in the pot)
- Cut the four biscuits into 9 pieces each stir into the soup
- Continue cooking for one more hour
You could easily add some veggies to this to make it more like chicken pot pie…carrots, peas, corn would all be good additions. But if you’re not in the mood to be extra healthy (we all have those days!), it is absolutely delicious as is. Enjoy!
As with most recipes these days, I found it on Pinterest (follow me!) and here’s the link to the original recipe.