Looking for a healthy, one-dish meal that’s easy and takes little time to make? Okay, then try this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake for a simple weeknight meal. After supper my hubby told me I should make it again sometime soon and he got seconds (or was that thirds?)…so I’m definitely keeping this dish on my meal rotation.
I love serving up a big scoop of this casserole in a bowl and diving into it’s cheesy, creamy goodness. This is one of those recipes that you don’t have to worry about your picky eaters with either; everyone in the family is sure to love it!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 4 C. cooked brown rice
- 3/4 C. frozen corn
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 C. fat-free sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 oz. can chopped green chillies
- 1/2 C. salsa
- 1 C. low-fat Cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend), plus more for topping
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine all ingredients except cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to a 13×9 casserole dish and top with the additional cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with the cilantro before serving if desired.
Bon appetit! I hope you enjoy this family friendly, easy recipe. Have a wonderful weekend!
I found this recipe on Pinterest so here’s the link to the original recipe: