Okay, I have the yummiest and easiest fall recipe that is a sure people pleaser. This easy Pumpkin Cake with Apple Glaze is moist and delicious and suits the atmosphere of fall perfectly. I made these for my Supper Club last weekend and everyone really enjoyed them.
I have the cutest little baby bundt pans by Kitchen Aid which added to their charm I think, but you could easily just do them as cupcakes or even make one large bundt cake too.
This recipe is easy on the wallet too as it requires only a few ingredients…most of which you probably have in your pantry already.
These little things are almost like a doughnut; the cake is very moist and the glaze adds that perfect bit of extra sweetness. They work for dessert or as a breakfast or brunch item that pairs perfectly with a good cup of coffee!
Pumpkin Cake with Apple Glaze
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 C. butter
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. apple juice (or apple cider)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin together (don’t add the oil or egg from the cake box)
- Stir in 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Put batter in your greased cupcake liners or greased mini bundt pans
- Bake for about 22 minutes or until fork comes out clean
- While cakes are baking, melt the butter on the stovetop
- Stir in the powdered sugar and apple juice and 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pour glaze over warm cakes
These would be a great alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving! I would love to hear about your favorite fall or Thanksgiving dessert…if you’d like, please share your recipe in the comments section.
Have a wonderful day!