Last night I created a soup recipe that turned out pretty tasty. The Hubby said “it was perfect for a snowy day”…ummm, it’s only October and we hardly ever see snowy days in Georgia, but I’m taking that to mean that I should make it again sometime.
So, let’s talk about this Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup…it was very hearty and filling; full of big chunks of chicken and ham and potatoes. But at the same time very creamy because of the Swiss cheese melted throughout. Topped with LOTS of black pepper and some chopped chives and it is complete!
Here’s the recipe…give it a try and let me hear some feedback!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- 2 cans cream of potato condensed soup
- 20 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cubed cooked chicken breast
- 5 small red potatoes (cubed and boiled until tender)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 6 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- chopped chives to sprinkle on top
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, saute garlic in olive oil until lightly browned
- Add ham and chicken (both fully cooked) to the pan and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Add condensed soup and chicken broth along with the boiled potatoes–Stir until well combined
- Add Swiss cheese and slowly stir until melted and consistency is smooth
- Salt and pepper to taste and top each serving with chopped chives
So simple. Perfect for week night cooking! Bon appetit!!